Our new new modern tuckshop operates 5 days per week and is run by the P&C to provide nutritious and affordable meals for the school community.
The menu includes a range of affordable, healthy snacks and meals, all freshly prepared on site. The 'specials theme day menu' with exciting new meals each week, is advertised on MSHS Facebook site, in the weekly newsletter "Parent News" or on the whiteboard of the tuckshop!
How to order tuckshop
Students and staff are encouraged to order online using the App Qkr! This is a secure and easy way to order and pay for school items from your phone at a ttime and place that suits you. Getting started is easy - download this flyer for all the instructions.
With Qkr! you can:
- Order and pay for your child's lunches, reducing the need to bring cash to school
- Pay for a variety of school items
- See your receipts on the app and get them sent by email if required.
The tuckshop is open from 8.20am and orders need to be placed before class starts for first break. Tuckshop can be ordered at first break for second break but will have limited choices.
- At the tuckshop there is a daily order list with meal items available on the counter and you need to fill in your name next to the menu items you would like to order for the day (first lunch and on reverse side for second lunch).
- Pay by cash or eftpos (minimum amount $10)
- At break time, come to the tuckshop, line up and pick up your lunch.
If you are not sure, just ask the convenor or a volunteer who will be happy to help you.
Cutlery (plastic forks & spoons) are provided free with your tuckshop order but can also be purchased for 5c each if needed for your home brought lunch.
Over the counter foods
There are over the counter sales available each lunch break including drinks, ice-creams, icy-cups, small packets of chips, biscuits and freshly baked slices or brownies.
Other items for purchase
Also available to purchase during breaks is a limited supply of stationery items like pencils, pens and 8GB USB's with the school name and logo on it.
Parent and community volunteers are welcome. Most help is needed between 8.30am and 12.00pm. (Community volunteers need to have a Blue Card, which can be applied for through the school for free). Please contact the school for further information.
Tuckshop also accepts donations of goods like flour, rice and sugar. Fresh produce (like tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber, vegetables, lemons and other fruit) is most welcome.
Home Baking is also very welcome.